May 20, 2022
Advanced Practice in Acute and Critical Care 2022
Format: Live Webinar & Virtual Classroom
Date: March 4, 2022
This hybrid virtual program offers healthcare providers an opportunity to validate and enhance clinical competencies, acquire new assessment and management skills, examine critical issues in health care at the state and national level, and learn about new products, services and pharmacotherapeutic agents. Conference faculty include distinguished regional and local experts.
ARNPs, CRNAs, CNSs, PA-Cs, Physicians, and other Advanced Practice Providers in all healthcare settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
- Discuss current evidence related to optimal resuscitation in septic shock (fluids inpatients with HF, target BP, when to use vasopressors and inotropes).
- Understand best practices regarding perioperative management of buprenorphine as well as dose-dependent indications and side effects.
- Identify common themes associated with vaccine hesitancy among adults.
- Describe and recognize sepsis and its screening tools.
- Understand broadly how racially marginalized patients experience serious illness and end-of-life differently than majority White patients.
- Review updated heart failure guidelines.
- Identify behavioral patterns you can put in place to support your well-being.
- Describe the 3 effective means by which to prevent post-COVID conditions.
Live Zoom Webinar
|8:00 am||Welcome and Overview|
|8:10 am||Q&A: Research Studies You Should Know About||Elizabeth Bridges, PhD, RN, CCNS|
|8:45 am||Acute Pain Management: New Uses of Old Drugs (Rx)||Katherin Peperzak, MD|
|9:35 am||Vaccine Hesitancy in the Covid Era: Guidance for Adult Practitioners||Ellie Oken, DNP, ARNP|
|10:35 am||Pharmacotherapy Considerations in the Recognition and Management of Shock (Rx)||Stephanie Chung, PharmD, BCCCP, BCPS|
|11:40 am||Racial Inequities at End-of-Life||Crystal Brown, MD, MA|
|12:30 pm||Adjourn to On-Demand Sessions and Evaluations|
|Beyond the Basics: Heart Failure Overview and Updates (Rx)||Jenny Wong, PharmD|
|Research Studies You Should Know About||Elizabeth Bridges, PhD, RN, CCNS|
|Resilience||Anne Browning, PhD|
|COVID: What’s on the Horizon||Desiree Wood, DNP, ARNP, AGPCNP-BC, CCRN|