May 13, 2022
Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2019 | Are DOACs the New Warfarin
Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2019
Are DOACs the New Warfarin?
Karissa Lee, PharmD
Pharmacy Resident, Ambulatory Care, UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center, Dept of Pharmacy and Family Medicine Clinic, Seattle
Advanced practice nurse practitioners, especially adult, geriatric and family nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this module, participants will be better able to:
- Compare and contrast direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) to vitamin Kantagonists (VKA).
- Identify appropriate use of DOACs.
- Critically evaluate literature supporting the use of DOACs.
- Recognize significant drug interactions related to DOACs.
- Develop a therapeutic plan utilizing DOACs in the geriatric population.