UW School of Nursing
April 8, 2022
Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2021 | Ambulatory Alcohol Withdrawal Management
Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2021
Ambulatory Alcohol Withdrawal Management
Dr. Yeh is a third-year resident at Swedish First Hill Family Medicine Residency with a particular interest in addiction medicine. Her continuity clinic is at the Ballard site and has a high volume of patients with chronic pain and substance use disorders.
Advanced practice nurse practitioners, especially adult, geriatric and family nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Describe signs and symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
- Review risk assessment tools and criteria to stratify patients to ambulatory versus inpatient care of alcohol withdrawal.
- Describe pharmacotherapy for ambulatory alcohol withdrawal management.
- Discuss monitoring protocols following initiation of treatment and criteria to escalate to next level of care.
- Review local and online resources for psychosocial support.