April 1, 2022
Adult/Geriatric Drug Therapy 2022
FORMAT: Conference Webinar
DATE: Tuesday , June 7, 2022 | 8:00 am – 4:15 pm
LOCATION: Online via Zoom
This all-day webinar is designed as an adult and geriatric pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies regarding drug therapy for common adult and geriatric health issues and include appropriate pharmacotherapeutic principles and recommendations for patient and family education. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion, and case analysis.
Advanced practice nurse practitioners, especially adult, geriatric, and family nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists, and other interested healthcare professionals.
OBJECTIVES FOR LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Discuss updated information related to sexually transmitted infection (STI) diagnoses and treatment in clinical settings.
- Examine the most up to date treatment guidelines for PASC
- Manage agitation symptoms related to dementia as the disease progresses
- List potential interaction consideration with CGRP small molecules (gepants)
- Identify the most common dermatologic diseases in the geriatric age group.
|8:15 am||STI Update: New CDC STI Guidelines and Treatments||Lisa Abel|
|9:30 am||The COVID You Cannot Get Rid Of: Updates on Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID (PASC)||Christy Weiland and Jen Bohannan|
|10:45 am||Tips and Pearls for Managing Dementia *||Barak Gaster|
|11:45 am||Lunch Break|
|12:45 pm||Updates in Diabetes Management *||Savitha Subramanian|
|2:00 pm||Migraine Treatment Updates for Primary Care Providers||Kate Kennedy|
|3:15 pm||The Challenges of Prescribing for Older Patients with Dermatologic Conditions||Sarah Matthews|
|4:15 pm||Adjourn and Evaluation|
*On-Demand Session (Due to speaker unavailability, this session has been recorded and will be viewed on your own)