May 17, 2022
Cardiovascular Care Update 2021
Cardiovascular Care Update 2021 | All Modules
Cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease are the number one cause of death in women and men in the United States. Evaluation and management of patients with cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease is a challenge that impacts every healthcare practice. This program for healthcare professionals provides an outstanding opportunity for learning about cutting-edge research and state-of-the-art strategies for prevention and management of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease. Teaching methods include video, PDF handout case study analysis.
For nurses, advanced practice nurses, clinical nurse specialists and other health care professionals in all settings including acute, critical care, ambulatory care, community, public health and long term care.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Explore new concepts for those advanced, experienced, healthcare professionals who use ACLS on a regular basis in the advanced critical care or ER environment.
- Review stroke risk with atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter.
- Describe current procedures available to patients in the cath lab.
- Identify clinical findings of Euglycemic DKA and describe preventable strategies to minimize harmful effects of SGLT2 Inhibitors in Heart Failure Patients.
- Define VV-ECMO.
- Understand the types of heart failure and their clinical presentation.
- Describe the rationale for the recent changes to the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) waitlist statuses.
- ACLS Update: CALS and MCS Considerations – Nick Morrison, RN, CCRN
- Cardiac Electrophysiology: More Than ECGs and Ablation Therapy – Elizabeth Karkoski-Gardner, DNP, ARNP, FNP
- What’s New in the Cath Lab 2021 – Erin Ballard, ACNP BC, RN, MSN and Mary Eck, MSN, FNP-BC
- The Proof is Not Always in the Pudding: SGLT2 Inhibitors and Euglycemic DKA (Rx) – Lia Barros, DNP, AGNP-AC
- VV-ECMO in SARS COV2 – Kristina Ramilo, ACNP-BC, DNP
- Management of Heart Failure (Rx) – Lisa Guertin, DNP, MS, RN, ARNP
- What’s New in Heart Transplantation – Jason Bjelkengren, RN, BSN