August 21, 2021
Geriatric Healthcare 2020 | Selected Topics
This series of ten lectures provides practical geriatric health promotion information for healthcare and social service professionals. The goal is to assist members of the healthcare team in developing and enhancing interventions to prevent disease and postpone further disability. Lectures cover an array of topics and were recorded during live telecasts from the University of Washington Health Sciences Center to clinical settings in the Pacific Northwest.
This series is jointly provided by UWCNE, the deTornyay Center for Healthy Aging and the Northwest Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Center (NW GWEC), a federally-funded regional center that conducts interprofessional education to optimize the primary care of older adults in the Northwest United States.
Watch one lecture or all ten and earn up to 15 contact hours for a single certificate processing fee of $45.
These lectures were recorded January through March 2020 at the University of Washington.
REVIEWS AND COMMENTS—
“I have taken many Geriatric Healthcare courses here, and they are all excellent.”
“I came back to see if there were more videos in 2019, as I needed more CE hours. Thanks!”
CONTACT HOUR CREDIT
Contact Hours: Up to 15.0 hours (1.5 per lecture)
HOW TO EARN CONTACT HOUR CREDIT
- After checkout return to this page (or follow the directions in your confirmation email). If you don’t receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail for an email from email@example.com.
- Go to course activities or follow the directions in your confirmation email.
- Watch the recordings.
- Complete the evaluation.
- Submit a Commitment to Change.
- Claim your credit.
- Download and print your certificate.
University of Washington School of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education
- University of Washington de Tornyay Center for Healthy Aging
- Northwest Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Center (NW GWEC)
- Nutrition | Marissa A. Black, MD
- Functional Assessment | Barbara B. Cochrane, PhD, RN
- Frailty | Jose M. Garcia, MD, PhD
- Osteoporosis | Susan M. Ott, MD
- BEERS Criteria | Zachary Marcum
- Non-pharmacologic Pan Control | John (Drew) Sturgeon, PhD
- The Aging Eye: Understanding Vision Loss in Geriatric Populations | Thellea K. Leveque, MD, MPH
- Foot Care | Kim L. Felder, DPM
- Women’s Health | Barbara B. Cochrane, PhD, RN
- Age Friendly Healthcare | Katherine A. Bennett, MD
This series is designed for nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, physician assistants, physical and occupational therapists, psychologists, social workers, pharmacists, long term care workers, residential care coordinators, caregivers and other interested professionals.
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEMBERS
MARITES ALMACHAR, BSN, RN, CCRN
Nurse Planner, Continuing Nursing Education, University of Washington School of Nursing
BARBARA COCHRANE, PHD, RN, FAAN
Professor and Interim Chair, Family and Child Nursing, de Tornyay Endowed Professor for Healthy Aging, University of Washington School of Nursing
MICHAEL VITIELLO, PHD
Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington School of Nursing