May 16, 2022
Hepatitis C Update 2021
Hepatitis C Update 2021 | All Modules
The Hepatitis C Update 2021 aims to educate and train healthcare providers in the best practices for screening, diagnosing, management, and treatment to work towards eliminating viral hepatitis C in our communities. We will explore the nuances of providing care to this population through an intersectional lens. Hepatitis C Update 2021 builds on knowledge and skills covered during Hepatitis C Update 2020, but the 2020 course is not a required precursor.
Healthcare professionals including staff nurses, clinical nurse leaders, clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, managers, and other interested healthcare providers.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, participants will be better able to:
- Describe the importance of treating HCV among patients who use drugs/alcohol.
- Describe patients that should be referred to ID or GI.
- Review most common reasons for persistently abnormal liver tests after HCVtreatment.
- Be familiar with the current state of post-SVR care.
- Recognize cirrhosis on diagnostic testing and physical exam.
- Identify what to do when prior regimen and treatment outcome is unknown.
- Identify at least 2 risk factors that contribute to virological failure or re-infection.
- Identify ways to overcome barriers in treating Hepatitis C in the primary care setting.
- Treating Hepatitis C Among People Who Use Drugs and Alcohol – Judith Tsui, MD
- When You Can Treat HCV in Primary Care and When to Refer – Shauna Applin, MN, A-NP, CNM, AAHIVS, RN
- Elevated LFTs After SVR – Anne Croghan, MN, ARNP
- Chronic Hepatitis C: Post-SVR Care – Anne Croghan, MN, ARNP
- Hepatitis C and Liver Fibrosis Testing – Paula Cox-North, PhD, ARNP, NP-C
- Clinical Conundrum: What To Do When You Don’t have a Reliable Treatment or Health History…and Other Real-World Treatment Challenges – Anne Croghan, MN, ARNP
- Hepatitis C Retreatment – Paula Cox-North, PhD, ARNP, NP-C
- Panel of PCPs: You’re in Primary Care and You Want to Treat – Shauna Applin, MN, A-NP, CNM, AAHIVS, RN | Katlin Wojnicki, MSN, ARNP | Amelia Rutter, MSN, MPH, ARNP | Laura Morgan