UW School of Nursing
August 16, 2022
Midwifery and Sexual/Reproductive Health Update 2022
Midwifery & Sexual/Reproductive Health Update 2022
Sexual/reproductive health, midwifery, pregnancy, and birthing care touch many different people in many different stages of life. This program will present key health updates while centering antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Teaching methods include video, PDF handout and case analysis.
Nurses, Midwives, Birthing Care Professionals, and other Healthcare Professionals who work in the community, in hospitals, ambulatory settings, urgent care clinics, and other healthcare settings.
OBJECTIVES FOR LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Describe the types of conflict and their consequences.
- Keep Centering patients and partners engaged and connected.
- Gain a better understanding of the preceptor role in supporting students with diverse backgrounds who may be different from themselves.
- Describe the prevalence and impacts of trauma on people we care for.
- Understand the impact of disasters on behavioral health.
- Learn about how to support a parent experiencing a perinatal mental health complication.
- Gain comfort in initial and follow-up visits for patients seeking gender affirming healthcare.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of primary and secondary syphilis.
- Gain knowledge of statistics relating to Native Health Disparities in the USA.
- Understand the risks and benefits of using medication for mental health during the reproductive years.
- Learn current best practices for treatment of opioid use disorder (OUD) in peripartum women.
- Handling Everyday Conflict with Curiosity, Compassion and Courage – Sara Kim,PhD
- Centering Pregnancy and Covid-19 – Audrey Allard, CNM & IBCLC & Elizabeth Rosapepe
- Precepting Across Differences – Clare Sherley, DNP, CNM, ARNP
- Survivors, Not Broken: Trauma-Informed Care in SRH – Meghan Eagen-Torkko, PhD, CNM, ARNP
- Behavioral Health Impacts of Covid-19 – Tona McGuire, PhD
- Perinatal Mental Health Skills and Tools – Mia Edidin, MSN, CNM, ARNP, FACNM
- Adult Gender Affirming Healthcare (Rx) – Simon Ellis, MSN, CNM, ARNP, FACNM & Kevin Wang, MD
- Syphilis in Pregnancy and Congenital Syphilis (Rx) – Lindley Barbee, MD, MPH
- UnSettling Disparities of Native Maternal Health in WA State – Ellen French, DNP, ARNP, CNM
- Medication Management for Perinatal Mental Health (Rx) – Melissa Rubin, DNP, PMHNP, ARNP, CNM
- Medications for Peripartum Opioid Use Disorder (Rx) – Abi Plawman, MD, FAAFP, FASAM
- Supporting BIPOC Certified Nurse Midwives’ Transition into Clinical Practice – Marilyn Acquah, BSN, RN, SNM