UW School of Nursing
August 12, 2021
Pediatric Drug Therapy 2019 | Chomp! Animal Bites and Their Treatment
Pediatric Drug Therapy 2019
Chomp! Animal Bites and Their Treatment
Megan Spangler, BSN, MS, ARNP, CPNP
PNP, Seattle Childrens ER Dept., Seattle Childrens Hospital, Seattle
For pediatric nurse practitioners, family nurse practitioners, physician assistants, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives in Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss common bites and treatment.
- Identify when to suture a bite wound.
- Identify when to use antibiotics for bites.
- Identify common complications from bites.
- Discuss rabies and tetanus prophylaxis.