April 10, 2022
Sexual and Reproductive Health Drug Therapy | All Modules
Sexual & Reproductive Health Drug Therapy 2020 | All Modules
This on-demand lecture series is designed as a sexual and reproductive health pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies regarding drug therapy for common reproductive health issues and include appropriate pharmacotherapeutic principles and recommendations for patient and family education. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case analysis.
Advanced practice nurse practitioners, especially adult, family, and sexual reproductive health nurse practitioners (including women’s health certified), clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Review definition and benefits of starting PrEP and who should be considered for starting PrEP.
- Understand diagnosis of disorders in menopause.
- Benefits of estrogen in recently postmenopausal women.
- List three medication routes for administration of sex hormones for gender dysphoria.
- Explore bariatric/metabolic surgical interventions for obesity, diabetes, and other comorbidities.
- Understand guideline recommendations for the treatment of asthma, COPD, diabetes, and anticoagulation.
To register for only one or few modules, click on the topic:
- STDs and PrEP – Meena Ramchandani
- Mood Disorders in Menopause – Esther Fuchs
- Osteoporosis and Treatment Guidelines – Susan Ott
- Transgender Care – Linda Gromko
- Treatment and Prescriptions for Weight Reduction – David Cummings
- Patient Care Conundrums: Finding the Balance between the Right Medication and Cost – Brianna Wityczak and Shaelah Easterday
- David Cummings, MD Professor of Medicine, UW Medicine
- Shaelah Easterday, PharmD Pharmacy Manager, Credena Health Pharmacy Monroe, Providence Health & Services, Monroe
- Esther Fuchs, MD Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center, Seattle
- Linda Gromko, MD, MN, BSN MD/Owner, Queen Anne Medical Associates PLLC, Seattle
- Susan Ott, MD Professor of Medicine, UW Medicine
- Meena Ramchandani, MD, MPH Assistant Professor, UW Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, UW Medicine/Harborview
- Briana Wityczak, PharmD Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacist, Emergency Department, University of Washington Medical Center – Montlake