April 26, 2023
The Nursing Leadership Sprint: Effective Professional Practices for your Leadership Journey 2023
Date: October 30 – November 15, 2023
Format/Location: Virtual Course
Next steps for your leadership journey start here!
- Want to improve your team’s performance? You’ll learn proven approaches in communication and team-building!
- Interested in learning more about yourself as a leader? You’ll determine your motivation, values, and personality traits!
- Want practical and actionable advice? You’ll network with proven experts and your peers!
- Interested in something with a long-lasting impact? You’ll create an action plan with immediate next steps for you to take!
- Aspiring to a new leadership role? You’ll discover top strategies of effective leadership to build your next career move!
See what previous participants had to say
- “This course was incredibly worth my time and money”
- “I enjoyed the course and Cindy’s insight and examples from her own personal experiences”
- “I am going to recommend this to my peers”
- “Cindy and Michael are truly beyond inspirational and have motivated me to continue to grow within leadership”
- “This class has given me a framework to follow and the belief I can transition to a nurse leadership role”
Cindy Sayre, PhD, RN
Chief Nursing Officer at UW Medical Center
With over 30 years of nursing and leadership experience, Dr. Cindy Sayre embraces an adaptive leadership style that has led her to many successes. She has led her teams to 6 Magnet Designations which recognizes healthcare organizations for their quality patient care, nursing excellence, and innovations in professional nursing practice. Dr. Sayre is a sought-after speaker and uses wisdom and humor to provide a unique view on providing effective leadership to nursing teams.
Michael Johnson, PhD Professor
UW Foster School of Business
Dr. Michael Johnson is the Boeing Company Endowed Professor in Business Management at the UW Foster School of Business, one of the top ten business schools in the country. He has published over 20 papers on leadership, decision making, and teamwork, and also presented at a number of conferences. Dr. Johnson has received several awards for his excellence in teaching. He will be providing a guest lecture.
The course has been designed for busy healthcare professionals and is learner-centered to promote personal and professional empowerment. While the course runs from October 30-Nov 15, it’s been designed to be flexible and you’ll be able to engage as much as you’re able to. You’ll also be able to turn in your action plan for up to 2 months after the end of the course. The course consists of:
- Self-paced modules where you work through materials and resources to reflect on how best to implement what you’re learning
- Live, online presentations. The keynote presentations will be recorded for later viewing.
- Facilitated discussions with your peers
- The development of an action plan which you can implement at work, adapt personally or use for career advancement
Course facilitators will be available throughout to orient you to the course and help you be successful. Participants will also have the opportunity to earn a LinkedIn badge in addition to contact hours.
October 26: Welcome module released
October 26: Course orientation on Zoom
October 30: Course starts! On-Demand Module 1: Quality of Impactful Leaders released
November 1: On-Demand Module 2: Building and Optimizing Teams released
November 2: Live streaming presentation with Cindy Sayre
November 3: On-Demand Module 3: Prioritization and Implementing Strategies for You and Your Team released
November 6: On-Demand Module 4: Communication Strategies that Work released
November 7: Interactive workshop with Cindy Sayre
November 8: Action plan workshop
November 9: Live streaming presentation with Michael Johnson
November 14: Live streaming presentation with Cindy Sayre
November 15: Project peer review due date and sprint end
No worries if you need extra time to finish! All live presentations will be recorded for later viewing so you can build this course into your busy schedule.