April 26, 2023
The Nursing Leadership Sprint 1: Effective Professional Practices for your Leadership Journey
Early bird registration now available! Use coupon code sprint1bird2023 to save $100.
This early bird discount is good until June 30.
Date: July 24 – August 9, 2023
Format/Location: Virtual Course
Next steps for your leadership journey start here!
- Aspiring to a new leadership role? You’ll discover top strategies of effective leadership to build your next career move!
- Want to improve your team’s performance? You’ll learn proven approaches in communication and team-building!
- Interested in learning more about yourself as a leader? You’ll determine your motivation, values, and personality traits!
- Worried about fitting this into your busy summer? Live sessions will be recorded so you can finish in 2 weeks or 2 months!
- Want practical and actionable advice? You’ll network with proven experts and your peers!
- Interested in something with a long-lasting impact? You’ll create an action plan with immediate next steps for you to take!
See what previous participants had to say
- “This course was incredibly worth my time and money”
- “I enjoyed the course and Cindy’s insight and examples from her own personal experiences”
- “I am going to recommend this to my peers”
- “Cindy and Michael are truly beyond inspirational and have motivated me to continue to grow within leadership”
- “This class has given me a framework to follow and the belief I can transition to a nurse leadership role”
Cindy Sayre, PhD, RN
Chief Nursing Officer at UW Medical Center
With over 30 years of nursing and leadership experience, Dr. Cindy Sayre embraces an adaptive leadership style that has led her to many successes. She has led her teams to 6 Magnet Designations which recognizes healthcare organizations for their quality patient care, nursing excellence, and innovations in professional nursing practice. Dr. Sayre is a sought-after speaker and uses wisdom and humor to provide a unique view on providing effective leadership to nursing teams.
Michael Johnson, PhD Professor
UW Foster School of Business
Dr. Michael Johnson is the Boeing Company Endowed Professor in Business Management at the UW Foster School of Business, one of the top ten business schools in the country. He has published over 20 papers on leadership, decision making, and teamwork, and also presented at a number of conferences. Dr. Johnson has received several awards for his excellence in teaching. He will be providing a guest lecture.
The sprint has been designed for busy healthcare professionals and is learner-centered to promote personal and professional empowerment. The core of the sprint runs from July 24 to August 9, though there will be orientation sessions available the week prior to the sprint start. The sprint consists of:
- Self-paced modules where you work through materials and resources to reflect on how best to implement what you’re learning
- Live, online presentations. The keynote presentations will be recorded for later viewing.
- Facilitated discussions with your peers
- The development of an action plan which you can implement at work, adapt personally or use for career advancement
Sprint facilitators will be available throughout to orient you to the sprint and help you be successful. Participants will also have the opportunity to earn a LinkedIn badge in addition to contact hours.
July 20: Welcome module released
July 20 : Sprint orientation on Zoom
July 24 : On-Demand Module 1: Quality of Impactful Leaders
July 26: On-Demand Module 2: Building and Optimizing Teams
July 27 : Live streaming presentation with Cindy Sayre
July 28 : On-Demand Module 3: Prioritization and Implementing Strategies for You and Your Team
July 31 : On-Demand Module 4: Communication Strategies that Work
August 1: Interactive workshop with Cindy Sayre
August 3: Live streaming presentation with Michael Johnson
August 8 : Live streaming presentation with Cindy Sayre
August 9 : Project peer review due date and sprint end
No worries if you need extra time to finish! All live presentations will be recorded for later viewing so you can build this course into your busy schedule.