November 15, 2022
Wound Management Fundamentals Course | Spring 2023
FORMAT: Hybrid Virtual Classroom
DATE: March 27 – May 7, 2023 + Workshop: May 9 – 10, 2023
LOCATION: Online + UW Seattle
This 30.0 contact hour course prepares healthcare professionals to practice evidence-based wound management with expanded skills and knowledge. Content is based on national wound management guidelines for a broad range of wounds.
- Six Weeks Online Learning: The online phase of the course is taken independently and establishes a baseline level of knowledge for each participant. All assignments are completed and submitted online and can be accessed 24/7.
- Workshop: Following the online phase, participants attend a workshop that includes additional lectures, demonstrations, and skill development. Participants will have the option to attend the 2-day workshop in-person at UW or join the Livestream via Zoom. Registrants employed by a co-sponsoring agency attend the workshop at the location and on the dates and format designated by the Agency Coordinator.
For healthcare professionals in all settings, including wound care team members, treatment nurses, staff nurses, and nurse managers in acute care, long-term care, ambulatory care, and community-based settings
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
- Describe the basic structure and function of the skin.
- Identify changes in the integumentary system over the life span.
- Describe effective techniques for preventing skin damage.
- Describe the normal stages of wound healing.
- Describe the impact of comorbidities on wound development and closure.
- Identify systemic factors, such as nutrition, perfusion, and pathology that influence healing outcomes.
- Assess and measure wounds including venous, arterial, diabetic/neuropathic, and pressure ulcers.
- Describe wound product categories.
- Demonstrate competencies in pressure injury staging, ankle-brachial index (ABI) measurement, Semmes-Weinstein monofilament testing, application of selected compression wraps and documentation.
|Location||Date and Time|
March 27 – May 7, 2023
Board of Content Experts
- Kristen Childress, DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC, CWCN-AP, Coordinator, Wound Seminar; Core Faculty, Wound Management Fundamentals Course (WMFC), Continuing Nursing Education, Associate Teaching Professor, Department of Child, Family, and Population Health Nursing University of Washington School of Nursing; Seattle; Sound Clinical Associates, PLLC Gig Harbor, WA
- Tina Hayashi, RD, Continuing Education Coordinator, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle, WA
- Adeline Chu, PhD, MEd, RN, Associate Director, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle, WA
Registration Information and Workshop
- Individual Registrant
The fee for an individual registrant is $695. The fee includes the interactive workshop via and virtual self-paced workshop (available 24/7). Please register and pay online at your convenience.
- Co-Sponsoring Registrant
Registrants employed by a co-sponsoring agency attend the workshop at their own facility (unless otherwise specified). Participants may participate in the Livestream Workshop or complete the workshop at their workplace via online technology and receive hands-on instruction from an agency-designated wound care specialist. Before registering as an employee of a co-sponsoring agency, be sure to contact the designated Agency Coordinator (AC).
CO-SPONSOR APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED!
Hospitals and agencies in all regions of the country are invited to co-sponsor the Wound Management Fundamentals Course.
- For more information, please contact email@example.com