May 18, 2023
Wound Care Update 2023 | Day 2
FORMAT: Conference (In-person)
DATE: Friday | November 17, 2023
LOCATION: Lynnwood Event Center | Directions & Parking
Register for Full Conference
Register for Day 1 Only
This conference addresses current scientific, clinical and professional practice issues across care settings related to acute and chronic wounds including evidence-based and multidisciplinary strategies for assessing and intervening to achieve successful outcomes. Presentations will update the professional with recent changes in practice and assume a basic understanding of wound management principles. Teaching methods include lectures and case studies.
For nurses, nurse practitioners, and other interested healthcare professionals in all settings including acute, ambulatory, home health, hospice, long-term, rehabilitation, and transitional care.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Perform wound and ostomy assessment and customize products to improve patient outcomes.
- Appreciate the different goals of care with acute vs advanced wound care, malignant wound vs palliative wound care.
- Identify key management strategies to address common barriers to wound treatment including pain management and infection control.
- Utilize wound hygiene and medical management in the treatment of calcific arteriolopathy.
- Creating plan of care for lower extremity wound management.
- Addressing areas of clinical improvement and disclosure to create a safe environment for wound care nurses and patients.
Hotels and Activities
For those in need of accommodations and things to do in the area: Hotels and surroundings
Seattle is a vibrant and culturally diverse destination that offers a unique experience in a stunning natural setting. With great restaurants, iconic landmarks like the Space Needle, a thriving arts and cultural scene, and of course, numerous coffee cafes, you’ll find any number of things to explore on these websites:
visitseattle.org | downtownseattle.com | experiencewa.com
To Be Announced