March 24, 2022
UW Wound Academy | Wound Bed Preparation
UW Wound Academy
Wound Bed Preparation
This module begins the discussion of wound bed preparation and assessment of factors that help and hinder wound healing.
Healthcare professionals and other individuals involved in the care, management and treatment of patients with wounds.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Identify the main cellular and molecular processes of normal wound healing.
- Explain the key differences between acute and chronic wounds.
- Discuss why debridement is important to promote wound closure.
- Define the concept of wound bed preparation.
- Explain how bacterial burden may impair wound healing.
- Normal wound healing
- Healing process: acute and chronic wounds
- Biochemical differences
- Wound bed preparation
- Tissue viability
- Infection or inflammation
- Wound infection
- Bacterial balance
- Moisture balance
- Wound edges