UW School of Nursing
March 24, 2022
UW Wound Academy | Lower Extremity Venous Wounds
UW Wound Academy
Lower Extremity Venous Wounds
This module covers the components of wound assessment and provides interactive opportunities for practicing assessment skills.
Healthcare professionals and other individuals involved in the care, management and treatment of patients with wounds.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Describe the basic pathophysiology of venous wounds.
- Identify the distinguishing characteristics of venous wounds.
- Discuss the major treatment objectives for venous wounds.
- Classic signs and symptoms of venous disease
- Pathophysiology of chronic venous insufficiency
- Noninvasive vascular assessment
- Locating pulses
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) procedure
- Segmental pressure recordings
- Diagnostic studies
- Clinical features
- Treatment recommendations (compression, adjunctive therapies, topical therapy)