WA PRESCRIBERS 4-HOUR CE PACKAGE:
Content meets Washington State’s one-time requirement of four continuing education hours on best practices relating to opioid prescribing for all who prescribe these medications.
- Bio-Psycho-Social Physiology of Acute on Chronic Pain
- Buprenorphine: The Ins and Outs
- Prescribing for Pain: New Guidelines
- Perioperative Pain Management
For nurses, clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physicians, respiratory therapists, psychologists, pharmacists, social workers, physical therapists and other interested healthcare professionals in all settings.
OBJECTIVES FOR LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Identify interacting bio-medical, psychological, and social mechanisms contributing to the transition of acute to chronic pain.
- Integrate buprenorphine therapy for OUD into their practice.
- Describe when an ARNP must complete a Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) inquiry.
- Discuss impacts of chronic pain in various phases of perioperative pain management.