UW School of Nursing
July 24, 2022
Advanced Practice in Primary Care 2022 | Day 1 and 2
Take advantage of our $100 early bird discount by using the coupon code: appcbird2022 (expires August 31st)
FORMAT: Conference (In-person)
DATE: Thursday-Friday | October 27-28, 2022
To register for just one day:
CONFERENCE DESCRIPTIONAPPC 2022 offers healthcare providers an opportunity to validate and enhance clinical competencies, acquire new assessments and examine critical issues in health care at the state and national levels. Learn about new products, services, and pharmacotherapeutic agents. The program includes experts in all tracks. Different sessions allow participants to design their own educational tracks in the areas of adolescent, adult, family, geriatric, pediatric, psychosocial, and sexual and reproductive health care. Teaching methods include lectures, case studies, discussions, and poster sessions.
Benefits of attending this conference:
- Learn from experts in your field
- Have the opportunity to explore an extensive variety of topics
- Connect with exhibitors
- Network with your peers to reflect and reconnect
OBJECTIVES FOR LEARNING OUTCOMESUpon completion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Apply the current evidence-based information about the assessment and management of common health problems seen in primary and specialty settings.
- Apply the current evidence-based pharmacotherapeutic information related to clinical practice.
- Integrate regional and national trends in health policy, promotion, and prevention into the provision of health care.
Professional CreditNurses, nurse practitioners, pediatric nurse practitioners, psychologists, social workers, respiratory therapists, and school nurses.
School NurseUWCNE is an approved clock hour provider in Washington State. This offering meets the requirements for 17.0 clock hours. If you would like a clock hour certificate, please email email@example.com or ask a registration manager at the conference registration desk.
POSTER ABSTRACTS INVITED
Promoting Improvement in Healthcare Delivery, Education, Research, and PolicyHave you created a practice improvement project or developed an innovative educational strategy, clinical program, or research project that highlights improvements in health care delivery, education, research, or policy? We invite you to submit a poster abstract.
Registration Discount Price: $450 Both days
Poster Presentation Benefits:
- Strengthen your resume
- Some employers will pay your registration fees if you present a poster
- Communicate research or program findings to enhance the practice of others
- Network with providers who share your interests
- Discuss practical strategies for healthcare delivery
Alic G. Shook, PhD, RN Assistant Professor at the Seattle University; Co-Coordinator, Public Health Internship (PHI)Alic Shook, RN, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor in the College of Nursing and a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Future of Nursing Scholar. He is a pediatric and population health nurse with experience in pediatric emergency medicine, pediatric oncology/hematology, pediatric intensive care, HIV services, and research. Most recently his research has focused on the healthcare-seeking experiences of transgender youth under 18 and how the intersection of age, race, gender, class, and transphobia influences their abilities to access a range of health and social services. He is currently working on the development of a sexual health curriculum for transgender and non-binary youth with collaborators at Seattle Children’s Hospital and the University of Washington and a qualitative study aimed at furthering the conceptual understanding of how stigma impacts individuals living with sickle cell disease, as well as how stigma power operates within nursing practice.
DISCOUNT RATESDiscount rates only apply if you’re registering for both days. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the coupon code.
- Students and retirees = $300
- Poster presenters = $450
- UW SoN faculty & staff = $300
REFUND POLICYIf you register but cannot attend, you must submit a written request to UWCNE by email at email@example.com.
- More than 2 months before the event = $25 admin fee
- 30 days before the event = 30% cancellation fee
- 7 days before the event = 50% cancellation fee
- No show = No refund