February 21, 2023
Nurse Educators Conference 2023: Bridging the Gap | Day 1 & 2
Let’s come together!
FORMAT: In-person Conference
DATE: Wednesday and Thursday | June 21 & 22, 2023
LOCATION & PARKING: UW Center for Urban Horticulture, Seattle
Register for Day 1 only
Register for Day 2 only
The two full-day conferences focus on building knowledge and creating a space for engaging dialogues that explore emergent issues and share innovative strategies for teaching and learning that challenge nursing education in academic and clinical settings. The conference also encourages collaboration and partnership with academic and nurse leaders on various topics of discussion that tiered academically prepared nurses across all practice settings and environments of care.
Nurse educators, faculty, and nursing simulation educators that are in academic, profit, and non-profit community settings. Nurse specialists in nursing professional development units, nurse managers, nurse administrators, nurse directors, registered nurses interested in nursing education, and registered nurses in graduate nursing schools are welcome.
By the end of the conference, participants will report an increase in knowledge in:
- Describing a teaching strategy appropriate to assist academically prepared nurses transitioning from the classroom to the practice setting to ensure safe, effective care.
- Designing an interprofessional simulation using basic elements of a nursing simulation-based curriculum.
- Collaborating with an NPD nurse educator to assist academically prepared nurses transitioning across a practice setting.
Poster Abstract Submission
Posters are accepted based on relevance to addressing the challenges of newly licensed nurses transitioning to practice in the context of nursing education. Examples of poster abstracts may include literature reviews, case studies, evidence-based practice, research supporting diversity and inclusion in nursing education, innovations to evaluate for clinical judgment in nursing education, and strategies to assist nursing students in pursuing nursing and succeeding in their careers.
Dateline for submission: April 30, 2023. Notice of acceptance: May 8, 2023
Hot topics in Nursing Education
We invite you to hear what your colleagues have to say about some of these topics and share your experiences:
1. How to design a customized simulation using the Healthcare Simulation Standard of Best Practice in the school simulation lab vs a hospital simulation center?
2. What are the changing roles of the nursing professional development nurse educators and how to facilitate theory to practice as new nurses enter the profession?
3. How do new clinical instructors help nursing students turn negative attitudes into positive ones when patients’ responses are rude and disrespectful?
4. Do nursing students enjoy the practice of reflection exercise? How often do you use this technique in class or in clinical?
7:30: Registration and Breakfast
There are several Hotels in the UW University District close to the venue: Silver Cloud Hotel, Graduate Hotel, and Residence Inn. There are many other options— look for lodging near UW Horticulture Center, Seattle to be in the area closest to the venue.